John S. Hewitt Team Achievement Award
PURPOSE OF THE AWARD:
Past recipients of the John S. Hewitt Team Achievement Award:
- 2017 - CWEST Team
- 2016 - 37M Fuel Bundle Development Team
- 2015 - NB Power and Atlantic Nuclear Inc. Fuel Handling Simulator Team
- 2014 - CNSC Radicon Team
- 2011 - AECL MFMI Team
- 2011 - NRU 2009-2010 Return-to-Service Team
- 2011 - CNSC NRU Return-to-Service Team
- 2009 - The Past and Present Team of the Nuclear
Research Universal (NRU) Reactor
- 2006 - Kincardine Council / OPG Underground Storage Team
- 2006 - The McMaster Nuclear Reactor Team
- 2005 - The AECL Finned Strainer Team developed a finned strainer that enhances safety at CANDU and other nuclear plants.
- 2005 - The AECL International Tunnel Sealing Experiment Team performed the first in situ test and demonstration of full-scale repository seal components.
- 2003 - The Bruce A Restart Safety Analysis Team has made a crucial contribution to the success of Bruce Power in receiving a licence for the restart of Bruce A Units 3 and 4
- 2003 - AECL's Hydrogen Recombiner Development Team developed a passive autocatalytic hydrogen recombiner and has attained commercial success.
- 2000 - The Korean-Canadian Wolsong 2,3 & 4 Project Team (KEPCO, KOPEC, KAERI, DAEWOO, HANJUNG, HYUNDAI, AECL and CANATOM NPM) for outstanding teamwork in completing the Wolsong 2,3 & 4 Project on schedule.
- 2000 - T. Cousins, T.A. Jones, J.R. Brisson (DREO); J.E. McFee (DRES); T.J. Jamieson, E.J. Waller, F.J. Lemay (SAIC) and H. Ing, E.T.H. Clifford, E.B. Selkirk (BTI) for the creative conceptualization and innovative application of a thermal-neutron-activation-based system for detecting non-metallic land mines, allowing the effective detection and removal of these deadly devices.
- 1998 - Mr. John Skears, Dr. Charles Chang and Mr. Tung Toong, for the development of the SOPHT Computer Code.
- 1997 - C.C. Davison, K.W. Dormuth, P. Gillespie, M.A. Greber, K. Johansen, L.H. Johnson, G.R. Simmons, S. Whitaker, A.G. Wikjord, R. Zach, and all team members at Atomic Energy of Canada Limited and Ontario Hydro , for Development of the Concept, and Preparation of the Environmental Impact Statement for Disposal of Canada's Used Nuclear Fuel.
- 1996 - Staff of Point Lepreau G.S., for excellence in nuclear power plant operation and exceptional sustained plant performance.
- 1996 - Charles Kittmer, Roger Joynes and Larry Green, for the development and demonstration of micro-sampling of pressure tubes.
- 1995 - Don McLean, Bill Morgan and Mitch Ohta, for the development and demonstration of dry spent-fuel storage.