Scholarships in Nuclear Science and
Deadline extended for two additional Undergraduate Summer Research Scholarships: April 22 !
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship is designed to encourage undergraduate students to participate in research in Nuclear Science and Engineering during the summer months.
The value of the scholarship is $2,500.
The recipient of the scholarship will be selected on the basis of his/her academic standing and other information to be supplied with the application as listed below.
The Scholarship Committee of the Canadian Nuclear Society will collect and review the submissions, and make the award decisions.
The student must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program at a Canadian University for at least two years and be a member of the CNS.
The scholarship is to be matched by $2,500 from the supervisor for a total of $5,000.
Procedure for Application
Applications should be prepared by the student and include:
- A recent university transcript.
- A curriculum vitae (CV), including the extracurricular activities and achievements of the student.
- A brief essay (max. 500 words), in which the student explains his/her interest in nuclear science and engineering.
- A letter of support from the prospective supervisor stating the quality of the student and confirming that:
- The student will be supervised for at least 12 weeks during the summer,
- The topic of research is in the field of Nuclear Science and Engineering (brief outline of research is appreciated), and
- The CNS scholarship will be matched with at least $2500.
The application and the supervisor's letter must be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
- April 22, 2019: Submission
- April 29, 2019: Notice of Awards (all applicants to be informed).
- May 8, 2019: Payment
The student is expected to deliver a report (1500 - 2000 words plus images) on the research performed by October 1 2019.
Questions should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org