Conference Proceedings Paper
EC6 DESIGN IMPROVEMENTS AND CONFIRMATORY TESTING
35th Annual CNS Conference - 2015 May 31 - June 3
S. Yu (Candu Energy Inc.)
L. Drennan (Candu Energy Inc.)
M. Soulard (Candu Energy Inc.)
The EC6 confirmatory testing program is a fundamental component of the EC6 development project to confirm design enhancements from the CANDU 6 Reference Qinshan plant. The confirmatory testing and analysis activities planned focuses on the testing needed to support the application for a construction licence. The program comprises work planned and executed by Candu Energy Inc. and work that has been completed to ensure EC6 product readiness for new build or refurbishment project implementation.
The key objectives of the testing program are:
• Verification of design changes.
• Validation of computer codes, assumptions and models.
• Demonstration and performance testing of new control computers and control centre equipment.
This paper provides a description of the completed testing program for key EC6 design improved features or equipment particularly those for reactor core components:
• Pressure Tubes and rolled joints
• Calandria Tubes and rolled joints
• Fuel Channel Annulus Spacer
• Shutoff units in Shutdown Systems #1
Individual Conference-Paper Copies (Electronic Where Available):
- For CNS members, the first 5 copies per calendar year are free, and additional copies are $10 each.
- For non-members, the price is $25 for the first Conference-paper copy in a request, and $10 each for additional copies of papers in the same conference and in the same request.
- Contact the CNS office to order reprints.