Conference Proceedings Paper
Review of Research on CANDU-SCWR in XJTU
International Conference on the Future of Heavy Water Reactors - 2011 October 02-05
Jianqiang Shan (Xi'an Jiaotong University)
Liangzhi Cao (Xi'an Jiaotong University)
Qincheng Bi (Xi'an Jiaotong University)
Junli Gou (Xi'an Jiaotong University)
The pressure channel design of SCWR can avoid a thick wall vessel, and allows, in principle, some key features for safety and performance. The present paper will review the research on CANDU- SCWR in Xi’an Jiaotong University, China.
(1) Thermal-hydraulics and safety analysis: Subchannel analysis of bundle, startup procedure, radiation heat transfer capability analysis were analyzed.
(2) Neutronics/thermalhydraulics coupling analysis: An improved CANDU-SCWR core design with vertical channels in hexagonal arrangement was developed.
(3) Experimental work: A supercritical water heat transfer test section has been built to study heat transfer in annular flow channel. Based on the experimental results, the effects of mass flux and heat flux on heat transfer of supercritical pressure water in vertical annular channel were analyzed.
Individual Conference-Paper Copies (Electronic Where Available):
- For CNS members, the first 5 copies per calendar year are free, and additional copies are $10 each.
- For non-members, the price is $25 for the first Conference-paper copy in a request, and $10 each for additional copies of papers in the same conference and in the same request.
- Contact the CNS office to order reprints.