Conference Proceedings Paper
TopWorx/Go Switch New Generation Nuclear Qualified Proximity Position Sensors
9th International Conference on CANDU® Maintenance - 2011 December 04-06
Greg Merrifield (Emerson TopWorx)
GO Switch Nuclear Qualified Proximity Sensors are designed for New Gen Nuclear plants and replacement of existing mechanical limit switches. Having passed the newest qualification programs,the GO Switch has been designed as a long-life maintenance free Proximity Position Sensor for Containment LOCA,Containment Non-LOCA (Harsh Duty),and Mild Duty applications,replacing and exceeding the operation and reliability of lever arm mechanical switches.
- Qualified Life 100 years+1 Post LOCA
- Exceeds most environmental qualifications worldwide
- AP 1000 Qualified
- Higher safety factor for seismic,radiation and temperature
- Easy retrofit from mechanical limit switches
- No unreliable lever arms to adjust / Maintenance free
Individual Conference-Paper Copies (Electronic Where Available):
- For CNS members, the first 5 copies per calendar year are free, and additional copies are $10 each.
- For non-members, the price is $25 for the first Conference-paper copy in a request, and $10 each for additional copies of papers in the same conference and in the same request.
- Contact the CNS office to order reprints.