Conference Proceedings Paper
Cyber-Security in a Nuclear Power Plant Simulator
NURETH-14 - 2011 September 25-30
M. Giersch (GRNSPG/UNIPI)
N. Muellner (GRNSPG/UNIPI)
Francesco S. D'Auria (University of Pisa, GRNSPG, Italy)
INPACEA-TIE (integrated nuclear plant accident, component and environment analyzer –
technological information elaboration) provides the possibility to simulate and visualize all stages of
NPP accidents with precision and detail. The tool presents an integrated approach for safety and
security concepts in three ways:
1. NPP security - security features which are implemented at the NPP are simulated
2. Simulator security - access control and user privileges can be adjusted at the simulator itself
3. Testing and improving of security measures – a method to detected security deficiency with
Individual Conference-Paper Copies (Electronic Where Available):
- For CNS members, the first 5 copies per calendar year are free, and additional copies are $10 each.
- For non-members, the price is $25 for the first Conference-paper copy in a request, and $10 each for additional copies of papers in the same conference and in the same request.
- Contact the CNS office to order reprints.