CNS CANDU REACTOR TECHNOLOGY & SAFETY COURSE
- Date: 2022 Mar 21 - 24
- Venue: Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Toronto, ...
- Contact: CNS Office
- Phone: (416) 977-7620
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This CNS course will present an extensive overview of the important disciplines in CANDU reactor technology and safety. The course provides an introduction to the basic design, technology, and operation of nuclear reactors. It will also present the major systems in a nuclear plant, as well as the important CANDU reactor safety principles and systems. How to prepare and execute safety analysis to meet licensing demands will also be discussed.
The CNS is presenting this course to enhance the professional and technical capabilities of its members (and non-members) working in, or interested in, the nuclear industry. The course is ideally suited for beginning professionals, but also beneficial to experienced professionals. Come broaden your nuclear knowledge beyond your specific area of work and your own area of expertise.
This course is eligible for Continuing Education Units in the context of the Engineering Institute of Canada Continuing Education program.
Continental breakfast, buffet lunch, and coffee breaks are provided each day. There will also be a banquet on the second evening of the course, with an after-dinner speech highlighting a timely topic in the Canadian Nuclear industry.
Some of the topics to be covered in the course
- CANDU Design
- Reactor Physics
- Safety Design Basis
- Reactor Operation
- Balance of Plant
- Human Factor
- Safety Analysis& Safety Limits
- Spent Fuel Management
- Experiments to Support Safety Criteria
- Severe Accident Management
Objectives of the course
- To provide an introduction to CANDU technology and reactor safety
- To present safety-analysis principles
- To provide an overview of the major CANDU systems
- To foster nuclear safety culture
- To network with colleagues in the industry