- Date: 2012 Apr 23 - 24
- Venue: , McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
- Contact: CNS Office
- Phone: (416) 977-7620
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Announcing a new Canadian Nuclear Society course for anyone communicating about nuclear:
Everything you wanted to know about nuclear technology and were afraid they’d ask!
This two-day Nuclear 101 course is specifically designed for those working in the nuclear industry who do not have the benefit of a technical background. The course will provide you with a good understanding of nuclear fundamentals and will not only help you understand how our industry works, but will also provide you with the tools to explain to others in simple, factual terms how the technology works, some of the interesting twists and turns of its exciting history, and the important contribution nuclear technology makes to our society.
The course will be taught by Canada’s leading nuclear educators including Doug Boreham, Martyn Wash and Jeremy Whitlock. The course will consist of three modules:
- The Nuclear Fuel Cycle
- A Historical Review of the Nuclear Industry
- An Overview of Radiation and Nuclear Risk.
Click here for Instructor Bios
Who should register:
- Anyone in the Nuclear community who does not have a technical background but would like a better understanding of the Industry and Nuclear technology to effectively do his/her job.
- Anyone who regularly speaks to the public (or is interested in speaking to the public) and would like to be able to explain nuclear technology in simple, factual terms.
- Anyone who has ever been asked “difficult” questions about the past, present, and future of the industry – and wishes he/she knew the answer.
How to register:
This outreach course is being offered by the Canadian Nuclear Society (CNS). You may register here.
We are pleased to announce that a number of additional spots have come available and we are able to re-open registration for the Nuclear 101 course, which is being held at McMaster University on April 23 and 24. Registration will now close on March 31.
Unfortunately, on account of number limitations it might not be possible for new registrants to participate in the tour of the McMaster Research Reactor, which is scheduled for later in the afternoon of April 23.
The cost of the 2-day course is $495 HST included and covers all materials. The deadline for registration is 2012 March 31. There are limited places so early registration is recommended. McMaster has organized a block booking at the Visitors Inn ($95/night single, $105 double occupancy) http://www.visitorsinn.com/ . Please quote “Nuclear 101” when making a reservation.