- Date: 2015 Mar 30 - 31
- Venue: Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa, 350 ...
- Contact: CNS Office
- Phone: (416) 977-7620
- Email: email@example.com
Everything you wanted to know about nuclear technology and were afraid they’d ask!
2015 March 30 - 31
Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa
350 Dalhousie St., Ottawa, ON K1N 7E9
Click here for the course program.
Click here for the course flyer.
This new offering of the two-day Nuclear-101 course is specifically designed for those working in the nuclear industry who do not have the benefit of a technical background. The course will provide you with a good understanding of nuclear fundamentals and will not only help you understand how our industry works, but also provide you with the tools to explain to others in simple, factual terms how the technology works, some of the interesting twists and turns of its exciting history, and the important contribution nuclear technology makes to our society.
The course will be taught by three of Canada’s leading nuclear educators, Doug Boreham, Jason Donev and Jeremy Whitlock. It will consist of three modules, and will include Q&A and a discussion of each module’s relevance to public outreach:
- Energy and the Nuclear Fuel Cycle
- Facts, Myths, and Historical Review of the Nuclear Industry
- Health Risks of Radiation
Who should register:
- Anyone in the Nuclear community who does not have a technical background but would like a better understanding of the Industry and Nuclear technology to effectively do his/her job.
- Anyone who regularly speaks to the public (or is interested in speaking to the public) and would like to be able to explain nuclear technology in simple, factual terms.
- Anyone who has ever been asked “difficult” questions about the past, present, and future of the industry – and wishes he/she knew the answer.
How to register:
This outreach course is being offered by the Canadian Nuclear Society (CNS). The cost of the 2-day course is $495 (HST included), and will cover all materials. Register early to avoid disappointment. Click here to register online.
Venue and Accommodations:
The course will be held at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Ottawa, 350 Dalhousie St., Ottawa, K1N 7E9.
The Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown” is offering you a special group rate of $159 per night, but to take advantage of this rate, you must reserve by March 5. Reserve early to avoid disappointment
Guestrooms may be reserved by calling the hotel at 1-800-341-2210 with the call in code: CNS and requesting the rate for the Canadian Nuclear Society course. Last day to book by: 2015 March 5 or booking online Book your group rate online >>