Nuclear Operations and Maintenance (NOM) Division
The mandate of the NOM Division is to provide a forum for exchange of information pertaining to the Operation and Maintenance of nuclear facilities. It includes all facets of the business of operating and maintaining a plant:
- Engineering Support
- Work Management
- Health Physics and Radiation Protection
- Chemistry and Environmental Programs
- Industrial Safety
- Management Oversight & Continuous Improvement
The NOM Division is involved with two key activities:
- The CANDU® Maintenance and Nuclear Components Conference (CMNCC).
- The ‘Operating Utility Engagement’ Initiative, in collaboration with the Design and Materials (DM) Division.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CANDU MAINTENANCE and nuclear components
The NOM Division is involved with organizing the CANDU® Maintenance and Nuclear Components Conference (CMNCC).
The International Conference on CANDU® Maintenance and Nuclear Components (CMNCC 2017) will be held at the Marriott Toronto Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, May 7-10, 2017.
OPERATING UTILITY ENGAGEMENT INITIATIVE
A Joint Steering Committee will be assembled to promote the interface between the CNS (NOM and DM Divisions) and the Operating Utilities (NBPower, OPG, Bruce Power and AECL-NRU). We are looking for a better alignment of CNS programs and activities with the needs of the Utilities, and a renewed interest in CNS membership at those sites.
Joint Steering Committee Terms of Reference
NOM DIVISION REPORTS